Welcome to my private journal generally on Brunei issues. Any opinions expressed are in my personal capacity. All rights to the articles are reserved.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Kampong Ayer Photographs



Every now and then a new old photograph of the Kampong Ayer appears. These two are fairly new and I don't think have been seen here or in any of the entries I have written over the last year. The top one is taken sometime in the early 1960s and the lower one sometime in the early 1950s.

PS. My wife says "the 1st pic looks to me more like Kg Masjid Lama in Muara and the houses really reminds me of that area where I used to walk there to buy fish, crabs and dry food like belacan and etc. The 2nd pic definitely reflects kampong ayer in Bandar!" So, I stand corrected. The first picture is not Kampong Ayer.

No comments: